|The TIEC is the main MCIT vehicle in implementing the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Strategy 2011-2014, acting as a catalyst between the government, the private sector, academia and NGOs, to mobilize the diverse components of the ICT ecosystem. In order to achieve agreed upon strategic goals and objectives, the TIEC will work with different stakeholders to define, manage, coordinate and implement the various programs and initiatives derived from the key pillars of the strategy. Different steps of the strategy implementation process are as follows:
- Refining the developed strategy document, obtaining input from the community, and getting commitments from the different stakeholders to support its implementation.
- Developing detailed definitions for programs that underline each of the 13 initiatives and set priorities for implementation. It is foreseen that the programs related to establishing the foundation for innovation and entrepreneurship layer will take precedence over those in the empowering businesses and the recognizing innovation and entrepreneurship layers.
- Revising the TIEC’s organization structure and hiring teams needed to carry out the implementation of the strategy. In addition, the required annual budget will be calculated and allocated for each of the specific programs.
- Developing thorough action plans for the detailed implementation of specific programs. The TIEC will develop a KPI dashboard that provides an efficient way to track progress towards achieving the goals of implementation.
- Monitoring and controlling strategy implementation will be achieved by coordinating efforts among different stakeholders and utilizing TIEC KPI standards. Progress will be reviewed quarterly by the TIEC’s Board of Trustees, headed by the minister of communications and information technology, to ensure that strategy implementation is on track and that any obstacles are tackled.
- Sharing with the ICT community progress made annually via the TIEC’s yearbook will ensure that the results achieved are aligned to agreed upon strategic goals and objectives.