The project is based on the cooperation protocol between the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and Al-Azhar University in 5 March 2013. The project seeks to automate Bab El Sharia University Hospital through the Health Information System (HIS).
• Establish technology infrastructure (equipment, networks, servers, printers, scanners, etc.)
• Establish information infrastructure through HIS to support decision-makers and facilitate the receipt of medical services on citizens
• Support decision-making
• Establish a unified medical record
• Establish a network to exchange information and services
Services to citizens:
• Facilitate measures to receive medical services
• End up the long queues in hospitals
• Reach medical records in different places
The technology used in the project:
• Information and services exchange network
• Equip the hospital with tools and servers
• Link the hospital to the main data center
The project is to be generalized on all Al-Azhar hospitals nationwide and to offer the best service to citizens.
Statistics: the project covers Cairo governorate.