The project supports the inclusion of persons with disabilities into the labour market through ICT-based solutions. It aims to empower 600 visual and physical impaired people aged between18 to 35 years.
Beneficiaries are from six different governorates: Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, the Red Sea, Port Said and Minya. The program teaches them IT, vocational and soft skills to increase their opportunities to find decent jobs and start their own enterprises.
• Provid needs assessments and capacity building
• Enable NGOs, training providers and employment service providers serving PwDs
• Raise awareness and promote entrepreneurship among PwD
• Empower PwDs through ICT skills and e-learning methodologies
• Encourage social innovation contests to address cultural perceptions and stigmas
• Foster innovation to address the needs of PwD
• Conducting NGOs field visits survey in the six governorates
• Selecting and contracting 11 NGOs
• Creating a website for the project and a social media page
• Holding two steering committees
• Conducting the first Mobile development for PwDs workshop